47 days until Berlin.
I recognise it’s too late to undo the damage already done but I live in hope that it won’t be the sufferfest that was New York.
The plan is to check in each day, in the hope it keeps me accountable.
Including status pics of one day fitting into my running gear properly again! Cat is optional extra.
Today was a 45 minute run. Went meh. But it happened and that makes me happy.
Berlin Marathon 2017 – entered.
Now I need to get to the starting line. As in, getting this body race ready so we don’t have a repeat of NYC. What went wrong in NYC?
- Sick – I can’t control that entirely but I can certainly get more vitamins and minerals in me, rest and keep my stress levels down to give myself a better chance.
- Fat – I went into NYC carrying way more weight than was reasonable.
- Injured – Stretching, cross training, long runs. All things I didn’t do enough of.
- Under trained – See above. I didn’t prioritise my training and definitely didn’t do the right training (hills!)
So, that takes us to Berlin. What’s the plan?
- Eat better – fruit and vegetables are my friend
- Stick to the training plan – Not sure what plan that is at the moment but I’ll start with lacing up the shoes again next week
- Other things – do other things than run
Here’s to the plan!